One of these days, I'm going to be better about posting more than weekend recaps and 5 on Fridays...but today is not that day. Sorry! Let's get to it!
1. I actually turned my heat on in my car (albeit for about 10 seconds) yesterday! I was so excited!! These cooler temps also mean more outside runs for me and my favorite running buddy!
2. Speaking of running outside...I have a PSA: When you are driving, pedestrians have the right of way. That means, as a driver, you must yield to them. I was running the other day (with Ella in the BOB) across a major 4 lane road. I had the walk sign, but some cars were turning right. The first car signaled to let me go, but then the second car tried to cut me off! Ummmm excuse me! And then, the passenger in that car had the audacity to yell at me "That's real smart!" like I was doing something wrong and putting my child in danger. Oh, I was SOOOO mad! I screamed back at her "PEDESTRIANS HAVE TO RIGHT OF WAY!" Hello, not only did I have the walk sign, but the car in front of you was letting me go. So clearly, I'm not the dumb one here, lady.
Just a friendly reminder, be nice to runners when driving! ;)
3. Tiny Prints has a 50% off deal on Groupon going on now! I'm certainly not one to rush through fall, but being the Christmas-card-obsessed person that I am, I was of course all over this deal and have already been perusing their selection of Christmas cards! Here are some contenders (although I don't even have a potential Christmas card photo yet, so these could change):
4. The first day of fall was Wednesday (in case you have been living under a rock) and if you think that means Ella will be wearing pumpkin outfits nonstop until Halloween, you'd be correct!
5. I made this She Crab Soup on Sunday...
Trav requested I added shrimp to it, so I threw in a bag of cooked frozen shrimp...delicious! Plus, it ended up making 3 nights worth of dinner for us!
Have a great weekend!