Happy Friday friends!!!
1. If you read a lot of blogs, you probably have already heard that Leslie at A Blonde Ambition passed away on Monday.
I have never met Leslie personally, but I enjoyed reading her blog and linking up for her fabulous "Confessional Fridays." The saddest part of all is that she leaves behind two sweet girls under the age of 2. Sooooo sad that these girls will never get to know their mama. I could cry just thinking about it.
While this is all super tragic and sad, it does inspire me to blog more and continue to share lots of "Life with Ella" -type posts on this space. Leslie's girls are lucky in the fact that they can always look back on her blog and read about the memories their mom shared with them. Life is just too short.
2. Moving on to something more upbeat! (Almost literally.) Yesterday, we discovered the BEST kept secret in Charlotte! Our friend Anni invited a bunch of us for a play date at Sky Zone. I was a little apprehensive about it (I wasn't sure what exactly Ella was going to do there?) but they actually have a special Toddler Time on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-11! No kids over 5! And it was only $6 to bounce....for an entire hour!
Ella LOVED it! At first, she just kind of sat there....and I was worried I had spent a whole $6 for my kid to sit on a gigantic trampoline.
But then, she saw what the other kids were doing, and she jumped up and down and all around for the rest of the hour! And took a fantastic nap later. So we will be heading back there every week!
3. Before we headed to Sky Zone, we had to meet with our landscaper to pick out some shrubs. I don't think I mentioned it on here but wayyyy back in April, we came home from California to find dead bushes. They have since been ripped out and almost 4 months later, we are finally getting some new stuff planted!
The bushes in the back row are the exact same of what we already have planted. The smaller, lighter green plants are what we are putting in! Ella was not a fan, but she'll come around I'm sure.
4. Something else Ella was not a fan of this week? Getting new shoes. What. the. heck. girl. Are we even related?! She pitched a fit the entire time we were in Nordstrom. She wouldn't let the sales person measure her foot, and when she brought out the shoes, the only ones Ella wanted to wear were her old ones.
I basically had to bribe her to take this picture with the shoe box. She threw it on the floor 3 seconds later. Toddlers are fun.
Of course, later that night when Daddy came home from work, she ran to her closet, got the shoe box out and said "flah shooo, flah shooo!" (flower shoes, flower shoes; in case you don't speak Ella). Oh well. At least she likes them now.
5. I'm thinking--key word: THINKING--about doing Whole 30.
Yes I am probably crazy. But I feel like I eat SO much crap. Just complete garbage crap. And now that I'm 30 (!!!) my metabolism is slooooowing down so I can't eat whatever anymore. Sad face.
I don't like diets, so that's why I am not jumping on this bandwagon just yet. If you've done Whole 30, let me know what you thought of it...and if you gained weight after you went back to eating normally!?!
Time for me and fav girl to hit up the Nature Museum! Have a great weekend!